Sunday 27 February 2011

Terminator 2: Judgment Day



Being a young girl with two brothers I was quite interested in action and ‘boy stuff’ when I was little, amusing myself with Barbie’s and playing with action men when my brothers left the room.
I was around the age of 4 when I got my first chance to see Terminator 2, little did I know my life was about to change.  Perhaps it was the fact that my brother and I were far too young to watch it that made it so exciting but it was probably the sheer genius of the film that got us so interested.  It has everything; A Hero Father figure, a powerful strong woman, a brave young (attractive, yet now I realise slightly girly sounding and not so attractive) John Connor. There’s plenty of Action, heart, a baddy, guns, a great storyline etc etc. 

I’m not sure how many times I, let alone my family have watched Terminator 2.  I remember watching it a lot with my two brothers and my mum when I was younger, not having even seen Terminator 1 but that didn’t matter to me. I’ve now only watched it twice, once on the telly and then again in the cinema for the 25th anniversary, very exciting stuff, amazing graphics.

A while back I bought T2 on DVD for us to watch at Christmas, my brother having not watched it in some years still knew all the words and I still get just as excited and anxious every time I see liquid metal running after the Connor Clan.

I’m eagerly awaiting the anniversary of number 2, I’ll be first in line at the cinema to see my Hero, Arnie saving the world, bringing back memories of simpler times and taking anyone that wants to see the best movie of all time with me.

Amelia.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI9-k9AkF9c&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment