Friday 25 February 2011

we LOVE windows

So i'm going to kick off my first post with news from my recent trip to London for my visual merchandising elective! Being in Nottingham at Trent Uni I rarely get to travel home to London so when I do it's always exciting, and this trip was definitely anything but disappointing. Its amazing to see many designer brands investing in their window displays and interesting to see how the high street retailers are keeping up.  Here are some of my favourites from the day, enjoy!



own images - 17/02/2011 
Selfridges windows were especially installed for london fashion week which was just about to start. I really enjoyed the use of technology which many brands are incorporating into their window displays.




Mulberry, continuing from their 'Dolls and Roses' story are focusing on a secret garden theme for LFW. I love the fact that they have opened up the windows, allowing a passerby to see into the store, and with the new design of the flagship, the ability to see right to the back. 


Mulberry have created two distinct sections in the new Bond Street location, the front hosting the Garden room where tables are transformed into lily pads, hosting the new seasons collection, and as you pass through the store to the second section, the Drawing room is host to the core product base.


Emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment