Friday 1 April 2011

four across, five down


Eventually, I will get round to doing a proper blog about something suuper exciting but until then here's a mini one about one of my daily habits! I have taken it upon myself the past few weeks to do a crossword everyday, partially so I can use big words and be better at pub quizzes, but mainly because I want to be as happy as this lady when I reach the autumn of life...


For ultimate brain expanding, I would recommend the guardian quick crossword (http://www.guardian.co.uk/crosswords/series/quick) because they tend to chuck in a couple of easy ones amongst the nasties to make you feel less intimidated, they have a cheat function so unlike paper versions, you can always finish it and not have to wait in pain for the next issue, and from time to time their clues are quite amusing. Here are a few of my personal favourites;

Slim around the lower middle (5-6): Snake-Hipped
Dance slowly while in an embrace (6): Smooch
I beg your pardon! (2,3,4): Do you mind
Fast piano blues style (6-6): Boogie-woogie
Muscular attractive men (8): Beefcake
Clumsy (3-6): Ham-Fisted
Sob noisily (6): Boohoo
Verbal dispute (4-5): Argy-Bargy

Happy clue-busting!
Amy.

No comments:

Post a Comment